Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday 03.11.2009

Yippee!! I finally slept last night. Sure, I had intervals of wakefulness, and temperature instability, but I slept in between those intervals. And woke about 8:30.

Dan woke shortly after I did. I was listening to the radio through the earphone, dozing in and out. He got up when his phone rang. Me, too, after a bit.

I had breakfast while he showered and got ready for his eye appointment. He had a quick breakfast before leaving.

I enjoyed fresh brew after taking a couple phone calls myself, then went in to shower. I stretched my arm/shoulder. That breast is still sore; I don't know if it will ever not be. *sigh* Oh well. I'm alive and cancer free. Thank you God.

Daniel seemed to be gone a long time. When he got back, he said the office was running behind (somewhat unusual for that office). He also said the doctor said that Dan's eyes have fared well through the high blood sugars, and that the blurriness is indeed a symptom of higher blood sugar, and should resolve as the he gets down into the "normal" range. He has another appointment in July.

I was finishing a pedicure when Daniel asked if I wanted to go out on a date. Sure, I said, smiling. He sifted through the restaurant gift cards that we've received, and chose Olive Garden. As soon as I'm done here...

We went out and had a lovely dinner. It was nice to sit across from my husband, smile at him, and see the love in his eyes. Yes, we are truly blessed. I thank God for bringing him into my life.

We stopped at Meijer on the way home for bananas and eggs. The wind is really blowing today--a wind advisory, in fact. And cold, too. 25 degrees with a wind chill of 9. But very sunny and bright. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon/evening from the inside looking out.

He had the television on, I caught up on the reading in my emails, and wrote here. He's gone off to bed, and I will be too, sometime.

Tomorrow we see Dr. Al-Sheikh, the family practice guy who manages Dan's insulin. Dan really wants to get off of the insulin and back onto the oral agent. We'll see what doctor has to say.

Pray for those who are hospitalized--Mary M, Sue T, and anyone else you know. Let's light up the Hotline.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy,

    Awesome to read that your battle with cancer is spiraling away from you.....sucks that its leaving you with a bothersome boob. And glad to hear that Golfer Dan is doing a great job taking care of his health too.

    Thank you for posting the link to Michael Vinecki & "Team Winter"'s blog sites. It's purely amazing the amount of support, awareness & money that that family has been able to raise and has been an honor for us to help, side-by-side, Dawn & the kids race/fight along the way. Sadly, Michael lost his battle with this rare, aggressive form of prostate cancer this morning.....at home.....surrounded by his family. He was approximately the 40th known case of this type of fibrosys prostate cancer....and just 40 years old.

    Thank you again for sharing his story on your blogsite. Every bit of awareness helps this war against cancer.

    Love ~ Ollie & Kimberly

    ReplyDelete