Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday 03.04.2009

I woke this morning after a typical night of intermittent sleep. After I got up and around, I called Daniel.

He was driving; he said he wasn't sleeping well, so he got up and got on the road about 0330 this morning. He had already stopped a couple of times and felt he was making fair progress.

I left to go to Jackson for a class on personal protective equipment, and how to don and doff the suit, boots, headgear, respirator/filter, and gloves. It was very interesting, and kind of fun. The reality of actually needing to use the equipment, though, is not so fun. The suits are, of course, fluid non-permeable, and one gets very warm while fully garbed. I was surprised when I removed the inner layer of gloves that my hands were actually wet. Not a good time for personal thermal irregularity (hotflash).

When the class was over I stopped at the credit union, then went to get the oil changed and headed home. What a beautiful sunny day!

I fixed what turned out to be a huge salad. I took what I wanted of it and put the rest in the fridge since there wasn't any dressing on it. I picked up the house again and was putting some things away when Daniel called again.

He was "somewhere in Indiana at a Motel 8". Near Indianapolis. He said he was pretty tired, but eager to get home. He'll start out again in the morning.

Tomorrow I have a 10:00 with Ike. I found myself holding that breast yesterday--it was sore and lumpy with fluid again. Today I was uncomfortable, too, when the tylenol and motrin wore off.

Enjoy the changing of the seasons, and thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Danny Boy "Welcome Home" for us. Look forward to seeing you all soon,

    Love ya,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete