Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday 03.05.2009 He Made It!

I woke about 7, dozed til 7:50 or so, then got up. I got in the shower, stretching that left arm and what I can of the shoulder. I finished getting ready for my 10:00 with Ike and called Daniel.


"Hey Baby, Where are you??" I asked him. He was just outside of Gas City, Indiana. His GPS projected him getting in around noon.


At therapy, Ike took one look at me and saw that the breast was "full". Yup. Sore, too. She examined my arm and hand and got to work. At the end of the hour, I was feeling much better. I had taken the Rainey Compression Garment in to show her--I found it online and received it yesterday. Yes, it's kind of snug, but it's supposed to be. She helped me fasten the hooks-and-eyes closures in the front. She likes the way it fits me and thinks that it was a good find. She's going on vacation for 2 weeks, so she said she would put me on "hold" and for me to call the first week in April for an update. Ok, thank you, Ike, Have a great vacation.


I stopped by one of the local auto repair places to talk with them about the '91 Safari van. They said no problem and gave me the number for the tow truck. I went on home.


Dan arrived about 12:05. WooHoo!! I went downstairs to greet him. Big hugs, smiles, kisses---we carried up some of his things. The rest of the afternoon I tried to stay out of his way while he unpacked and re-acclimated to being home. The tow truck arrived and took the old van to get it's brakes fixed.


After a while the compression garment, though comfortable at first, was uncomfortable, mainly in the lower sleeve part. I don't know if it will loosen up a little, but I had to take it off. Ike and I are both concerned about the snugness at the end of the sleeve and where it sits on the arm; she told me to be very careful and to watch for any swelling or changes when I have it on. Other than that, it felt good across the shoulder blade on my back, the shoulder, and under my arm around the axillary incision.


Dan and I went out for food, then over to Meijer for a few grocery items. Back home, he was settling into his chair and his computer and his television. There were days that the tv wasn't on while he was gone....


I wrote here, and am going to bed soon. Tomorrow is a work day for me.


Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That "garment" sure makes you look different! ;-)

    Love ya,

    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete