Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday 03.15.2009

What a beautiful day! Even though it was a cold 25 degrees this morning, the spring sunshine warmed the air to 54 degrees. Walking across to the hospital, I noticed that the daffodils have poked up through the mulch. And on the way back to the car, they were up an inch or so. Isn't that amazing?!!

We had a good day, my co-worker and myself. Yep. Just the two of us. And when 4 of our patients went home, we moved the remaining 2 over to the other wing, closed our wing, and we were able to leave. Yippee!! (on-call, of course, so we would have to come back "if the bus pulled in")

I came home and putzed around. I was sleepy, as it was late afternoon, but I thought, No, I'll stay awake. I entertained the idea of going up to the lake--I could be there before dark--but I talked myself out of it after checking the weather and overnight lows of 20's, I wasn't sure I wanted to do that by myself. And I can enjoy the nice weather that is predicted here. I should have laid down for a rest/nap. I've felt kind of punky this evening. O well. I've just got a head start on tomorrow, not having to stay so late at the hospital.

I received a text from Daniel that he's arrived at wherever he is in Myrtle Beach. He's happy, golfing. He phoned a little while ago saying all is well, tee time 0900 tomorrow. And it's raining. Has been for 2 days, though predicted to end in the next 24 hours or so, and the rest of the week is dry.

I have laundry and other light housekeeping chores to do tomorrow, and I'd like to go out for a walk and hear some birdsong.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment