Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday 03.08.2009

What a nice day! Although I didn't sleep much, I feel pretty good today.

I got up and got ready for the day. I had breakfast and enjoyed a couple cups of coffee and visited with Daniel. Frank and his friend Amy were due to be here about 1, so I turned on the chicken stuff about 12:30.

We did some troubleshooting on the home computer network, trying to get the printer communicating. Something that Daniel will need to continue, as he didn't get it today.

Frank called saying they were leaving Dexter and would be arriving in about an hours, which made it shortly after 2. Ok.

I had just finished cutting the shortening into the flour for the dumplings when they arrived. I greeted them, then stirred in the milk and dropped the dough into the pot.

We had a great dinner--chicken and dumplings, green beans, broccoli, and Frank's first attempt at homemade apple pie. It was really good.

We visited and watched the Nascar race for the remainder of the afternoon. A couple of times the rain came down pretty heavy, with lightening, thunder, and sleet or hail. Yucky.

They left about 6:30 ish. Dan and I were each on our computers. (how exciting, huh?) I checked email and wrote here.

I'm scheduled to work Monday and Tuesday. I've been looking at my planner and projected work schedule to get some tentative dates that we/I can get up to the lake. Pretty soon...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment