Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday 03.01.2009

I woke up rested this morning, even though I didn't sleep much during the night, it seemed. Awake, restless, dozing. Finally, about 8 o'clock, I got up.

It was snowing and blowing, cold. Low 'teens. I didn't want to do anything. I didn't. I sat on the sofa and surfed the 'net. Geesh, the next thing I knew it was 11:30. No wonder I'm hungry!

I was enjoying my breakfast when Daniel called. He's bummed because it rained heavily, is blowing, and only about 50 degrees. Hm.

I got dressed and got started on housework. I ended up doing quite a bit--I wiped down all 6 of the dining room chairs, and the base of the table, took the leaf out, vacuumed everything. Even vacuumed the upholstered "side chair" in the living room. That had lots of food crumbs and dirt stuff under the cushion. I put the cushion out on the deck for the remainder of the afternoon, as the snow had stopped and the sun was out. I finished the vacuuming project, replaced the furniture.

Dan and I have a few old tablecloths from our mothers and grandmothers. There are 2 large rectangular ones that are so similar. I had had one on the table for Christmas and left it on because it was so pretty, but I wanted to take the leaf out of the table. That cloth and the other large one needed laundering, but they are getting fragile. So, I put them in the bathtub to soak with some (all ready dissolved) dishwasher detergent and Woolite. I let them soak for about an hour while I went outside to empty out the '91 Safari van. Whoo, was it cold out.

I came back in and gently swished the soapy water through and rinsed them in another tub of clear water with a bit of unscented/dye-free fabric softener. As I was squeezing the water out of them I felt a couple of threads pop, so I squeezed a bit more gently, then spread them out on the floor to dry.

Just as I was finishing up, I had a phone call from cousin Sue, and we had a nice visit.

After all that, it was about 7:30, and I realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast. (even though it was near noon) I rummaged around and found a serving of chili that I had made and frozen some time ago. Perfect! Into the microwave, and yummy, dinner's ready. A few cheez its crackers and a glass of milk...

I was enjoying my food when Daniel called again. We chatted, I finished my food, checked email, and wrote here.

Tomorrow is Monday, a workday for me. And Tuesday, too.

Please pray for those who are experiencing life's challenges, whether physical or emotional or otherwise.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment