Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday 03.27.2009

I slept "solid" last night, at least between midnight and 0418. Of course I got up and got ready for work. It seems so odd that I get up in the middle of my sleep time. Although, I'm happy to have a job...

And we were very busy today. We kept plugging along, and finally the shift ended.

On the way home there was a tow truck on the shoulder of the road, lights flashing. It was mostly dark by then. I moved over into the other lane, seeing there was a car being picked up. And ran over the remnants of a deer. EEWWWW. Thunk. Ugh. I don't know what part of the animal I hit, but it felt like something hit the undercarriage somewhere. The car drives ok, and I don't think I hurt anything. And just as I was taking a breath, there was another dead one off to the median edge. Ewww again.

The rest of the drive was uneventful, other than the beautiful early night sky. Mostly clear, with just the lower edge of the waning crescent moon glowing a soft orange. So peaceful.

Daniel was happy to see me, and I him. We visited a little. He was looking at the television; I scanned email and wrote here.

My shoulder is a little sore,, and the very odd thing is that the incision on the breast is peeling tonight. White skin flakes. Geesh, I don't know...

I had tylenol/motrin a bit ago, and I'm feeling better enough to go to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Wont be long before you are gonna be looking at that boat tied up to the dock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to take you for a ride...

    ReplyDelete