Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday 02.08.2009

A lovely day.

The sun was shining strong, and even though the air temperature was only mid-40's, the sun was very warm. After getting up and breakfasted, I thought I'd better get outside in it. I had a prescription refill ready, so I decided to walk up to the pharmacy. It's maybe 3-4 miles there and back.

I stepped out onto the balcony to see what kind of coat I needed. Got one on, and a pair of lightweight gloves, and headed out. Um, the wind is a little cold. I went back in for a scarf. I don't like my neck and lower head being cold. I opted out of a hat, though, knowing I could pull up the hood on my coat. Ok. Now I headed out.

It was beautiful. When I came to an area that had mature trees, the birds were singing like spring. I thanked the Lord for health and fitness and life in general.

In the store I unzipped my coat partway, and then I got hot. I mean dripping. Off the sides of my face, down the middle of my back. I had a tissue in my pocket that came in very handy, but geez.

Yup. I'm happy to be alive and cancer free.

Back at home I putzed around some, trying to decide what to fix myself to eat. A sandwich, or cook something that I can portion out and take to work?? I decided to create a vegetable and egg noodle something since I had fresh veggies that needed used. It turned out yummy, and I have 3 portions left over.

I cleaned the kitchen, then got started on the Paper Monster. Daniel called and we talked for a bit, and I resumed my project. I made a good dent in it, finishing what I had wanted to accomplish this weekend.

I wrote here, and I'm going to shower the layer of salt off.

Tomorrow is Monday, and a work day, as is Tuesday.

Have a good day yourself, and thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment