Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday 02.27.2009

(written Saturday morning...)

Wow. I was soooo tired when I got home after work that after I had unpacked my workbag, put things away, changed clothes, and sat down, I was dozing off at the computer. The time was about 8:40. Hm. maybe I'll just lay down a few minutes and close my eyes. I probably won't sleep very long, if at all. Surprise! I pulled my brain forward to answer the phone when Daniel called shortly after 9, and struggled to stay awake during our conversation. Completing that call, I went back to sleep.

I was surprised again when Daniel called a second time saying they were home and he was calling it a night. (a couple other guys and he had attended a college basketball game) Oh. I don't remember even looking at the clock--I again struggled to semi-participate in the conversation and returned to sleep after saying good bye.

I expected to be awake for a time during the night. HA!! Nope. I ended up sleeping all night. Well, more "all night" than usual. When I did wake at intervals I went right back to sleep.

To my surprise it was daylight. As I was contemplating how I was feeling my phone rang. It was a friend. As I reached for the phone I saw that it was about 0730. wow again.

We had a nice conversation and I got up to get my day started, first by writing here. And here it is.

Friday's work day was good. It was raining and 40-some degrees when I went to Jackson. The security vehicle came around and scooped me up and took me over to the hospital. I thanked the driver and told him how much I appreciate them watching out for us.

We had a fairly good day. We got hairy-busy in the afternoon. My orientee did a great job: she'll be a great asset to our team and our unit.

The night shift came in, saying it was freezing cold again. Oh. The shuttle took me over to the car, which showed 25 degrees. It was windy, too. I got home without incident.

I am thankful for my life. For the ability to rest when I need to, in a climate controlled environment, on a comfy bed. For my wonderful friends and family.

Please keep each other in our hearts and prayers--we each have our own challenges that we may or may not share out loud.

Love, peace, and hugs. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment