Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday 02.20.2009

Woo Hoo!! Another good day!!

I am so thankful for my health. And for each of you. Your positive thoughts and energies and prayers are what helped get me through. I can't wait to hug you.

Routine stuff this morning. Then, as I had agreed to work this afternoon if needed, the girl I was to follow called. "Can you come in earlier?" she asked. She wasn't feeling well. Um, no, I hadn't showered yet. Sorry. I told her I would do what I could to be there sooner, but it probably wouldn't be much sooner. I was really hoping I wouldn't be needed.

As I showered and stretched my arm, I thought of how my wonderful co-workers covered for me a year ago when I was undergoing treatments and side effects. A sense of urgency came over me and I tried to speed things up. As it was, I arrived about 10 minutes sooner than I would have. She was still not feeling all that great and left after giving me report.

The rest of the afternoon was fine. Of course, the co-workers are great. The nice thing about going in later is the sense of being almost done as the clock nears 7.

I got home without incident (thank you God) and got things turned around for tomorrow, which is my scheduled weekend to work, and wrote here.

I'll be going to bed soon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment