Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday 01.21.2009

I didn't sleep well last night. It seemed I would go into a good sleep then wake. Like sleep waves. And I was hot. And restless. Oh well. At least I didn't have to get up at 0420.

As a result I was a bit, shall we say, reserved, today. Or maybe quiet. I woke up hungry and fixed myself (Dan wasn't ready to eat yet) a small potato, egg, small sausage link, english muffin, milk, half of a banana, coffee, and a large water. Reading that line, it looks like quite a lot to eat. I guess it kind of was. At least I wasn't hungry for a while.

I went in and showered, trying to move that fluid in my arm/shoulder/breast. I'm about ready to call Dr. Bolmer's office and ask for a referral to see Ike again. Everything is full and uncomfortable. Lumpy and sore, too.

I took down the Christmas tree and other seasonal decor and got that repacked. The outside lights are still up but will be taken down as soon as the ice melts to release them. I also sorted and repacked a couple of other totes/storage boxes. And did a couple loads of laundry, and made food for us, too.

I fixed some angel hair pasta with fresh tomato, broccoli, zucchini, and olive oil. I had a tilapia fillet with mine; Daniel had shrimp. Then I went to my massage at 5:30.

Boy, did I need that. I felt much better at the end of the hour.

Back home, Dan said he had started itching again. Oh?? Sure enough, a fine red rash on his abdomen and inner forearms. And his eyes are puffy. Hm. You know that shrimp?? Maybe the previous reactions were from the "dye" used in the heart cath procedures. I suggested taking a couple of Benadryl.

He paused a few minutes, then decided to take 25 milligrams, keeping the other 25 milligrams as an option if he needs more. Then, about a half hour later, he started having that raspy voice, too. I told him not to make me call 911 again.

It's a couple of hours since the benadryl; I don't see him scratching any more. I hope that's the extent of his reaction. In fact, he has just said that he took the second tablet and is feeling better. Whew!

Tomorrow we see the family practice guy, Dr. Al-Sheikh, for a follow up on the blood sugars/insulin/hematomas in the groins. I have a meeting in Jackson in the afternoon, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment