Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday 1.4.2009

Dan called about 0130 this morning saying he had woke up feeling like he was on fire on the inside, all his nerve endings burning. The nurse was calling the doctor for meds. He sounded horrible. Then he called back at 0230 saying he had been given medicine but it wasn't working very well. There wasn't much I could do but pray with him.

I finally dozed off to sleep. When I woke it was just about 9:15. I got up and got started on my morning. Dan called at 9:30 saying he had finally gotten some relief and had gone back to sleep.

I had breakfast, did a load of laundry, put away a couple more seasonal things, general household stuff. I got things together to go to the hospital, had a bite to eat, and called Dan.

The doctor had been in--I think he is a hospitalist (not the cardiologist that was in yesterday). He and Daniel had gone over the medications and gotten Dan back on track. Dan was feeling much better.

He looked better, too, after I got there. He was still itchy as the meds wore off and the time was nearing time for the next dose. We had a nice afternoon/evening together, and I left about 10:30.

I'm doing ok, having done my exercises both in the shower and out. Still hot and cold. Tomorrow is a work day for me. Time will tell if Dan is able to be discharged.

Thank you for reading and for keeping us in your hearts. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment