Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday 1.10.2009

Before leaving for work this morning, Dan was awake and itching. I gave him the benadryl with a special dose of love and went on my way.

It had snowed during the night and the highway had not been plowed. What a drive! Not the worse, but 40-45 mph. I saw 3 cars off the road. I got there safely; the security guy swooped me up in one of the vehicles, and I got onto the unit at just 0630. Thank you God.

We had a nice group of co-workers today, and an overall nice day. It was snowing all day, too, and at one point coming down pretty good. I wondered about maybe staying overnight at the hospital instead of driving home if it continued. But the night shift girls came in, saying that the roads were yucky but passable. And the weather channel showed a break in the storm. I clocked out and headed home.

The side streets hadn't been plowed, the city sidewalks hadn't been cleared, and the employee lot where I was parked 2 blocks away wasn't plowed either. I plodded over following tire tracks in the road. There was maybe 6-8 inches of snow on my car and it took me 20 minutes to get it cleared off. Then I wondered if I would be able to drive through the piles of snow I had just brushed off! Yes, I did, but if that snow was much deeper I wouldn't have been able to.

I made it to the highway--if it had been plowed it was a long time ago. What a mess. Traffic was moving 40-45 mph again.

I got home ok (thanks again, Lord) and Daniel was laying down in the bed. He said he was tired of sitting. He had gone out to Meijer for a few grocery items earlier today. He said that was enough, that he wasn't ready to do much more. Dan is still itching, though not as intensely. He's doing really well with the dietary choices. We are both surprised that his blood sugars are still holding in the high 200's. We see Doctor Al-Sheikh (the family practice guy) again on Monday, and also Dr. Karve (cardiology) Monday afternoon. I started a load of laundry then snuggled up next to him. We caught up on our day. After a bit he turned the tv on, and then he got up and joined me in the living room while I write this.

The snow has let up quite a bit, but our complex hasn't been plowed yet either. I'll be going to bed soon. I hope the roads are better in the morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment