Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday 12.3.08

I woke at 7 and listened to the radio for a while before getting up. I remembered I hadn't eaten anything after my salad yesterday, what was it, 4 or 5 o'clock? No wonder I'm hungry....

I got up and had breakfast, checked email, then went in and got ready for the day. And guess what?? I DID my hair!! Yup, used the curling iron on it. I thought it looked ok, but I don't know what it's going to do when I get hot...And it was weird to do, because the cowlicks (colicks? sworls) are different than they used to be, so the angle of the curling iron is different.

After putting potatoes and pork in the crockpot, I headed out to Discount Tires to have those tires rotated. I had a 12:30 appointment, and got there about 12:20. They didn't get to my car until almost 12:50. I had taken my little "Ipod Knock-Off" (as Dan's daughter Kris calls it) with me, so I listened to the library book I had on it while I waited, and filed my nails. About ten after one the guy came in to tell me they were done. Ok, Thanks.

I left there and went on to Lansing Ophthalmology to pick up my new glasses. I signed in and was called in just a few minutes. The same girl that had worked with me to pick them out and put in my order, Alaina, was there, and she took care of me again today.

She got the new specs, and I put them on. Whoa!!! Everything is goofy in my brain. I told her something wasn't right. To her credit, she worked with me and those frames for a half hour or so. (God made me with uneven ears and uneven eyes, which makes it a challenge to get the frames to sit right on my face, not to mention getting the bifocals in the right spots so my eyes work right.) I left with the new glasses, with the instructions not to drive with them tonight or tomorrow morning. And to try to wear the new ones as long as I can tomorrow to "let my brain learn how to use them." Huh?? I've always been able to wear a new prescription without difficulty. I agreed to follow their instructions, though I'm pretty sure I'll be back next week for another adjustment.

Dan was sleeping when I got home, and since the temperature was 36 or so outdoors, I went out for a walk/run. I did good; I alternated walking and jogging and ended up about half and half.

Dan was up then, and I showered after cooling off. I mixed up some biscuits and put them in the oven while I put our dinner together. It was really yummy.

The rest of the evening I've been on the computer, read emails and wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday, and Friday, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment