Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday 12.10.2008

I slept from 10:30-1, was up for a minute, slept again until 5, up again, and back to bed. I laid there awake and put my earbud in and listened to the radio. I dozed mostly off, and on, and when 8am came I turned the radio off, sleeping lightly until 9. Dan woke up about 9:30.

We got up--he went to work out, I vegged on the sofa. I'm feeling very fatigued this morning. Breakfast with tylenol and motrin and fresh brew. Dan was back after a while and he went in to shower. I decided that the pressure in my head might need a sudafed, so I took one. After a while I showered, too, letting the warm water do it's thing. My shoulder is quite sore, but I do the range of motion exercises that Ike has shown me.

I did my hair, with the curling iron, and I will say that my scalp/hair are feeling mostly healed. (Healed??) You know, like the scalp or follicles are not as sensitive as they have been these last many months. But I do know why short haired people wear hats. My head is still very aware of the cold air.

After lunch, I went to Lansing Ophthalmology to have my new glasses adjusted again. I signed in, and Elizabeth worked with me today. She did what they do--I put them on, she marked them with dots and lines, dotted and lined my old glasses, compared them, took both pair somewhere, came back after a while with a printout of the prescription, and we talked about what was going on with them. I have worn them the last two mornings, driving with them, but I don't readily read any of the signs. Difficulty looking at the road then the dashboard. And after I get in to work, there's no way I can write with them on. So I change back to my old glasses. And I told her that I've worn corrective lenses for FORTY YEARS (gasp) and I know what it feels like to get a new prescription. This is DEFINITELY not something that I'm going to adjust to. And I've had progressive bifocals for about 10 years, so that's not new either.

After considering all the above, and more, Elizabeth thinks I should be re-evaluated by the doctor. Ok. She walks me over to one of the ladies that do scheduling and waits with me.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 11 o'clock, no charge. (no kidding) (with sarcasm) So we'll see what happens with that.

I get home, Dan's got his dinner ready, and all at once I'm extremely nauseated. Ewww. Not because of what he cooked, but I don't know why. Ewww again. He was on the phone with someone; I went in and laid on the bed, breathing, trying to relax. (Was this a stress response?) I don't know.

I might have dozed briefly, and the nausea is lessened, but I'm not hungry yet and don't feel like eating.

I see Ike tomorrow at 2. I also wonder if the backing up of lymph fluid in my breast and shoulder has any contribution to the "queases". And if the daily Tamoxifen/Effexor is the culprit. I guess tomorrow is another day to have discoveries.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Just checking in. I hadn't visited in a while. It was good to see you at thanksgiving, I am looking forward to sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bre! Me, too!!

    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete