Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday 12.30.2008 Itchy's Home

I slept sound for the four hours I was in bed. The radio came on, I mechanically got ready and went to work. The shuttle came so I rode over to the hospital. This was one of those workdays that just keeps going--constantly busy. Just when you think you can take a breath something needs done. I had a good group of co-workers and I did my best to be a good team player. We were finally done at the end of a 12 1/2 hour shift; I stayed to do a timed lab draw on a baby, and then chart it, etc, and clocked out about 7:30. Whew. I'm ready to go home.

Daniel had texted me a couple of times that he was doing better--still a little itchy, but better, and that he might be going home today. Then I got the text that he was home. Breon picked him up on her lunch hour. I wasn't able to call him until 1:30 or so. He was very happy to be home. From what I understand, he has the Ticlin and prednisone added to his other meds, and is still scheduled to have the other cardiac cath/stent placement on Monday.

He mentioned that he had taken more benadryl after getting home. He's also doing real well on his new diet--1500 mg sodium, 1750 calories, and low fat. He's going to be "all that, and no chips" before too long if he's able to stick with it.

I'm really tired tonight. We had a little conversation, I wrote here, and Dan has gone off to bed.

Me too.

Thank you for reading, for keeping Dan and me in your prayers, and for the phone calls.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment