Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thursday 12.25.2008 Merry Christmas

I got up shortly before 8 o'clock, anxious to get my day underway, yet I wanted to take the time for myself this morning before jumping in. Dan got up shortly after I did.

I enjoyed breakfast, then looked at my list and got the times for the different foods written down. Dan helped me, and between the two of us we put together a "traditional" Christmas Dinner, complete with the Goodwin Holiday Salad, one of our mother's (we don't know whose mother) lace tablecloths, and china. Several times I thought of getting a picture of the tablescape :) and realized this evening that the image was never captured. Hm.

Frank, Jeremy, Jennifer, Jasmine, Daniel and myself enjoyed our efforts. Jeremy seemed especially pleased with the afternoon.

We had a small gift exchange, visited, some watched the movie on the television, some played Uno, some were on the computers. About 7 pm, hugs all around, and they left. Dan and I looked at each other.

What a nice afternoon! Since we kept everything washed up as much as possible, there wasn't much cleanup left to do. Just a few odds and ends to put away.

We just enjoyed the rest of the evening. Tomorrow, Kris, Breon, Nick, and Frank join us. The enchiladas are made and ready to put in the oven whenever.

Dan and I hope your Christmas Season is fulfilling. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Merry Christmas to you, Dan and the rest of your families from both my Mother and me.
    Wow, so glad to hear that Dan switched doctor's and was shocked to learn that he had to have (and has to have) all those stents, but thrilled that the problem was caught before anything more serious happened. Please tell him that we hope he is feeling much better today. I do hope he takes it easy for a while.
    Mom and I went down to Sue's yesterday to spend Christmas with her, Mandy & family and Dave's family. She did a lovely job with the dinner as always. We'll be celebrating again on Saturday with Theresa & family and Sue, Dave and Mandy & family. Baby Trevor has gotten so big. He isn't crawling yet but he does roll across the floor to get around. It's so funny to watch. Ethan just turned 6 a week ago. He's pretty tall for his age.
    I sure am glad that you came up to help me with my Christmas decorations. I have really enjoyed the festive atmosphere that fills my humble little abode. All thanks to you.
    Have a great weekend and I shall chat at you soon.
    Love to you, Dan and clan.
    Di

    ReplyDelete