Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday 12.21.2008

When the alarm came on I was sleeping. Drug myself out of bed and got ready for the day. I coughed and coughed and finally a couple of mucus plugs came up--darker orangey-greenish-gray rubbery stuff. I know it sounds gross, but that's what happened. And after I blew my nose of all the other stuff, I felt a lot better.

Whew. After a little breakfast, I bundled up and headed out. It was very windy and snowing.

The complex had snow that had blown over the road in areas, as did Holt Road. The highway was mostly snow, and as I got just a mile or two south, it was snowing so hard I could barely see the next reflector. And windy. Of course I was going slow, maybe 30 mph. By this time the roadway itself was unidentifiable. I kept going.

You know those "rumble strips" on the edges of the roads? I got onto the one on the right side and moved over into the lane again. On down the road, I found the left rumble strip. I moved over into the lane, and a little while later found the right rumble strip again. It was snowing so hard--practically a white-out. But I kept going, hoping that I would "get through it" and driving/visibility would get better.

It did, just north of Leslie. The snowflakes were smaller, and less of them, but still snowing.

I made it to Jackson without further incidents, thank you God.

Into the parking lot. I don't see security anywhere, or a shuttle. Shoot. I bundled up and battled the blustery weather. The sidewalks there were snow covered and drifted over in a lot of places.

I got in, punched in, started the work day. It was a pretty nice day, overall, though it did have it's difficult moments.

I had a few coughing jags, after which I seem to feel better, and it was finally time to go home.

Again, no shuttle. I walked across the road and the couple blocks over to my car, which did not start with the remote, by the way. I turned the key with a sluggish battery; the outdoor temperature on the instrument display showed -1. Jeesh--and with the wind chill it's ...?? It's really cold.

I got home just fine on semi-cleared roads. Daniel and I visited, I wrote here, and I'll be going off to bed soon.

Tomorrow Daniel has a health test that maybe I can tell you about later. Right now, though, I have to honor his request for privacy. But he'll need a driver, and that would be me.

So, thank you for reading, and for keeping us in your prayers. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment