Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday 12.14.08

What a great day!!

I slept ok with only a few "hots" that haven't been that horrible can't-breathe-get-the-covers-0ff-take-a-deep-breath-just-stay-quiet-it-will-pass-soon OH MAN wet-forehead-turn-the-pillow-over kind of flashes I have been having for the last many months. Just the wake up-why-did-I-wake-up-restless-roll-over-Oh, I'm-a-little-warm-uncover-cool-off kind of episodes. Thank God. Yes, I still get hot, and yes, I still get a wet forehead and sometimes neck rolls and sometimes mid back. The "can't breathe" ones are easing up. Whew.

Dan got up and went to meet his friends for breakfast. I lingered in bed, listening to a recorded book. I got up after a while and got ready for the day.

I had my own breakfast, then got my things together and went over to the library. I returned what I had, browsed and made selections and checked out. Next stop, storage unit.

In there, I looked around again. Oh, there it is. The tote I had been looking for had gotten turned so that the identifier for the contents was not showing, therefore I didn't recognize it right off the bat. But I did now, and I took it out to the car, locked up the unit, and went home.

Dan was finally back, saying he had gone over to one of the guy's house to straighten out a computer. We got into the tote and got the lights out, and he and I affixed them to the railing of the balcony. We used twine this year to tie them on; maybe it will be easier to cut the twine than the plastic zip ties we've used before. Anyway, they're up. Lovely.

We also put out the stocking hangars and the stockings. I don't know about them. What with the added in-laws and grandchildren, I'll be thinking about that for a while.

We collected the gifts for Kim's family and got ready to go to Jackson. The chime of the door opening--Who is it?? Nick and Bre! They came to ride with us. Cool.

She went into her (former) room and got another car load from the closets in there, as well as her artwork she had on the walls. Another couple of trips and she'll be done.

We got into glfrdan's vehicle and headed out.

Frank had arrived first and acquired the tables, and Kim and Bob and family were there, too. Hugs all around. We each had enough to eat and opened our gifts. Everyone seemed pleased with what they got, and after we visited, the little ones were ready to go. More hugs and love.

Back home, Bre and Nick came in and visited a little, passing time before going on to their next party.

I spent the rest of the evening with the computer, transferring files, moving data.

Tomorrow is a workday. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment