Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday 12.20.2008

I slept pretty good, I thought, but Daniel says I was restless. The alarm came on, I got up, and evaluated how I felt. Hm. I guess I'm ok to go in for a while. Then I started coughing. Eww. Maybe not. I called and asked the person who answered, Sue, if anyone was getting staffed. No, she kind of laughed. Ok, I'll see you soon... I got ready to go.

The highway was clear and mostly dry, so driving wasn't a problem, at least on the highway. In town there were still snow-covered roads and piles in the intersections from the plow trails.

We had a good crew and had a good day. I had a couple of pretty good coughing spells even though I had taken medication. Oh well. As the patients were discharged and left, and the afternoon wore on, I was able to leave at 3:30.

Whew.

Hey, it's still daylight on the drive home! That was nice.

Daniel was happy to see me. We talked a little, and since it was time for more meds, I had a dose of that TheraFlu stuff. I felt better for a couple of hours, but it's now after 7 and it feels like it might be wearing off.

I opted out of our family party, the Sanders' Sing. If I listen hard the next few hours I'll hear the carols that are being sung. I got out my "green books" the other day (I don't have a "white book") and was singing, also listening to the more traditional sounds of the season. I just don't think it's wise to be around 30-50 people while I'm sputtering, and I have to work tomorrow, too. I sure miss being there tonight.

I need to scavenge up something to eat before I go to bed.

Thank you for reading. Fa la la la la.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kath,
    I miss being at the sing too tonight. We decided it was best for me to stay home tonight. I can hear the carols and wish I was there singing. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    Love & Hugs,
    Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete