Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday 12.1.2008

This is what we woke up to this morning. Absolutely Beautiful.
.
A typical night for me, any more. Comfortable, dozing. Uh-oh, hot. Off with the blankets, doze. Cooling off. Don't cover up again too soon, else I get hot again. So I have to wait until I feel a little cold shiver, then I can cover up again and go off to sleep for a while, maybe 2 or 3 hours. Wake up, hot, out of bed, bathroom, dawdle on the return to finish cooling off, back to bed. Repeat.
.
I listened to the radio a little before getting out of bed and getting into the shower. I did the stretches with the warm water on my arm and shoulder, then got out and had breakfast with the tylenol and motrin.
.
I went over to the physical therapy place. The roads were slushy and messy, but the vegetation was beautiful. I had the time to go slow and enjoy God's world, saying a prayer of thanks.
.
Ike did her thing. My breast is still sore and lumpy--the lumps that developed after the mammogram--but the cording seems to be resolving. I didn't think it was hurting as much until she "found" it during the treatment process. Surprise!! She was encouraged, though, that the cords are not as prominent.

On the way home, it was still snowing a little, and I took a few pictures with my phone. (Technology--who'd of thought??)
.
I made a few phone calls after I got home, verifying a meeting for tomorrow (which had been cancelled, glad I called), scheduling other meetings, planning my calendar. I had a bite to eat, then took the car back to Auto Images in Michigan Center for them to adjust the crank time on the remote starter. The check engine light was on, too, and I think that it was due to the starter. The technician adjusted the crank time, and when I asked him about the check engine light, he went back out, pulled the car in, and worked on it. What was said to be an adjustment that would take only a few minutes turned out to be a half hour. But, when the technician brought the car around, he said he had to move the wire, and the light is reset. Ok, thanks.

When I got back home, Dan suggested we go out for Mexican food. Good idea! We went to Los Tres Amigos. I like their chips, and Dan does, too. We had a good dinner, and on the way home the traffic was slow-going, because of the snow and temperatures hovering 31 degrees or so. It was really slippery in spots. We got home safely, and we've since been enjoying it from the inside looking out.
.
Tomorrow we'll get groceries; I'm not sure what else is up.
.
Enjoy life. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment