Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday 12.19.2008

My day started out with horrible face pressure--sinuses. I took tylenol, motrin, and a sudafed. Of course, it was snowing like crazy out there, but I had a massage scheduled and really wanted to go. I left almost a half hour early for a 15 minute drive.

The beautiful snowflakes had turned into nasty pea-sized ice pellets. I got there just as her husband was snowblowing their long driveway. I pulled into the spot he had cleared for parking.

Leah saw that I was snuffly--I offered to leave, but she encouraged me to stay. Ok. She did her thing. My nose started running. Sheesh. Finally we were done, and I left.

In the hour that I had been there, the car was covered, as was the driveway. I couldn't see where it was, but there were reflectors on either side. It was still snowing and blowing, and visibility was really poor. I went down the driveway, following the reflectors. Hm. This doesn't feel right. And what's that big drift in front of me?? I stopped the car and got out. It appears that I followed the curve of the driveway a bit too much and I was on the lawn, yes, next to the reflector. In deep snow where the blower had piled it up. Uh-oh. I got back in and tried to rock the car but it wasn't moving.

I went back up to the house and opened the door. "Roger?" I called out. He answered, and I told him I got stuck in the driveway. I mean I missed the driveway. Oh, he said, looked out the window, and went to get his outerwear on.

We went out and evaluated the situation. With the snow underneath the car, he thought it best to just snowblow a path in front of me and drive forward. While he was doing that, I used my extending snow brush/scraper to pull the snow out from under the front of the car. That was working pretty well. We both finished about the same time. I got in, he pushed from behind, and the car started forward. Thank you Roger, Thank you God.

I continued on my way. There was so much snow blowing around, and about 5 inches on the ground, and not plowed. I kept a steady 20-25 mph. There were only a couple of other cars out. Fortunately I didn't have to stop at the intersections (no other traffic) and I got to the complex. The maintenance crews have plowed, so that part was easy. Ok. Back to our unit. Drifts leading up to our garage. Daniel had shoveled a couple of feet in front of the garage door. I slowed down but didn't stop, hoping I was going to be able to make the angle into the garage. I did. Whew.

I changed my damp clothes and visited with Daniel. After I warmed up, I went in and took a lovely, long, warm shower. My head drained and drained, and I felt better when I was done.

After a while, though, the sinuses filled again, with pressure across my cheeks and forehead.

I've been drinking water, had chicken noodle soup, tylenol, motrin, sudafed, cough syrup, and 2 naps throughout the rest of the day/evening.

I don't know about tomorrow. I'm scheduled to work. I'll evaluate throughout the night. Unless I feel immensely better, I'm not going to a family party tomorrow night, either.

I'm off to bed. Thank you for reading. Distant hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment