Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday 12.12.2008

After a short night, I got up and made the cold, dry, drive to Jackson. I parked in the back of the lot, which makes it two blocks away, but an unobstructed line from the fourth floor of the hospital lets the remote starter work. (!!!) The shuttle came around and scooped us up, depositing us at the main entrance of the hospital.

I clocked in, had a good group of co-workers, and I had a good day. Even though we had a lot of patients, with few beds available, there were several in labor. As it turned out, the women were slow in their laboring processes, the discharges left, and it was my turn to go home. Ok. I clocked out about 3:30.

I went to the window and pointed the fob, and blink-blink, signal received. Down the elevator, and the shuttle was coming up. (Twice in one day??) We went over to the lot and a few of us got out. My car was running!!

That's cool. I still went out to Auto Images in Michigan Center to have them adjust the crank time. It hadn't been starting when the temperature was in the 'teens, and the engine light was on. Oh--the engine light has been on since last week when it was reset. Today, the light was off. Hm. Do I go there anyway?? Yes, I thought maybe they should look at it.

I told the guy behind the counter that I felt silly being there, seeing as how the car started today, and the engine light has gone off. Oh, he said, that's just a crank adjustment. It will take just a few minutes. Ok, thanks. I handed him my keys and took a seat in the waiting area.

Indeed, it was maybe 10 minutes later when he came back in and handed me my keys. All set, he says. Ok, thanks again.

I drive north, and get home somewhere around 5. Dan is happy to see me, and we visit and catch up on our day. I had a sandwich, and settled in on the sofa with the computer.

As the evening has gone on, I've gotten pretty tired. I'll be going to bed before too long.

Tomorrow is household day.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment