Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday 11.19.2008

I was awake some during the night, but I slept pretty good overall, I think. I was very surprised when I looked at the clock and it showed 9:58! Daniel was already up...

I got up and had breakfast, looked at email some, then went in and enjoyed a lovely shower. I stretched my arm with the warm water; I was pleasantly surprised that my shoulder wasn't very uncomfortable this morning after Ike's manipulations yesterday. The breast, however, is quite sore.

After bathing and getting ready for the day, I resumed the email pursuit. I have a few topics on the breastcancer.org site that I have subscribed to, and some of the entries can be lengthy, so it takes me longer to read those.

It was soon time to go to my eye appointment. I headed out.

I have the eye exam. The doctor says my left eye has changed enough to warrant a new prescription, and he writes it out. Ok, thank you. I went out to the waiting area to wait to be called by an optician to get glasses ordered.

While I was waiting, I perused the selection of frames, trying on several. I picked up maybe a dozen to check out with the optician, then waited my turn.

And waited.

Finally, someone called for me and took me over to their "station". I tried on each of the frames I had picked up, one by one eliminating some and and setting a few aside to try again. Alina, the optician, went to a display and picked up a couple more, and we narrowed it down to 5 frames. We talked about the attributes of the ones we liked, but the favorite doesn't come in the size I need. Yup, my "petite" head translates to glasses frames, too. So, I chose the second favorite of the group. You know, after wearing glasses for 40 years, getting new frames every 2 years is like buying shoes. You know they'll be replaced after a period of time.

I thanked Alina for her time and patience, and she walked me over to the check-out area, where I paid the balance for what the vision insurance doesn't cover and headed home.

Daniel had dinner started, and we finished it together, then ate.

The rest of the evening I caught up on the rest of the email, and wrote here.

Tomorrow I have a meeting from 0900-1200 at the hospital, then I see Ike at 4:00.

Take care of each other. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment