Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday 11.12.2008

Well, the radio was on for a couple of minutes before I realized why it was on. Darn it, I have to get up. And it was another couple of minutes before the conscious thought resurfaced and turned into action.

I got ready for the day and headed out. Dark and drizzly, about 38 degrees. Right here in our complex, just around the corner, were sets of eyes. Deer. 2 of them, raised their heads and watched me drive by. Great--I took that as my caution that they're active and to be on the lookout. I was, though I didn't see any others on my way.

We had a fairly good day with great co-workers. I was surprised that I kind of "lost it" this afternoon--difficulty concentrating, staying on task, losing focus, etc. I especially had a hard time with the computer charting. Looking back, I had eaten within a couple of hours, and wasn't really overwhelmed with my assignment or anything. It's weird not being able to function, or working so hard to function. I hope I'm able to move through whatever this is.

I went outdoors for about 20 minutes for a walk, and also to cool off. The hots seemed to be "long-lasting" today. And there were other times that I was freezing cold--so cold my spine hurts. I'm trying to not complain about my thermostat being broke. I'm thankful for the medical treatments we have today, that I'm living in the United States, able to receive the treatments, and that I'm cancer-free and alive. Woo-hoo!!

I did have a wonderful visit from one of my friends/readers today, Kay. We met while mom was in the nursing home, she was a caregiver. She's now in school again and will be a most excellent nurse, given the knowledge and compassion she has. She stepped in and helped me with mom's care while I was undergoing chemo and it's side effects. Prayers and angels to her and her parents for her dad's new diagnosis of pancreatic/liver cancer.

I got home in the dark and drizzle without event, thank you God. Daniel was happy to see me, and I him. We chatted a bit, I wrote here, and we're off to bed soon. Tomorrow is another work day for me.

My arm is still sore, my breasts are still sore, and I'm tired.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment