Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday 11.6.2008

I slept what is my "normal" -- sometimes restless, wakeful, hot, sleeping. I woke up surprisingly feeling rested.

After breakfasting, I went over to Leah Hicks, Mason Massage, for my 10:00 appointment. A brief conversation where she asks about how I am, and if I'm having any problems, and what I'd like today... I tell her my back is a mess. She starts me face down, and spends almost 45 minutes on my back. I knew it was a mess, but when she started working on it, there were lumps and bumps and areas of tightness that surprised me. She did a good job, and I left feeling better.

At home, I showered, had a bite to eat, helped Daniel with the groceries. Before long, it was time to go to physical therapy with Ike.

She was happy to see me. I haven't seen her for 2 weeks--I told her of the cording down my forearm almost to my wrist, and showed her the cording on my abdomen. Wow!! She was very surprised at this development. She has heard of Mondor's Disease as Mondor's Syndrome, but has not ever seen abdominal cording.

She did her treatment thing, starting at the lower end of my arm, moving up into the armpit. As she was checking me, she discovered cording in the axilla (armpit), and also the start of a cord on the bottom side of the breast. Fortunately, after the hour was up, a lot of the lesser cording was not noticeable to her, and the stuff on my arm was less noticeable to me. I left her with copies of the pictures of the axillary and abdominal cording I had taken, and the printout of the Mondor's Disease page that has the diagram on it. I was very happy to discover when I got out in the car that my shoulder felt much better, too. Praise the Lord!!

Back at home, Dan and I visited a bit, and had a quiet evening at home.

Tomorrow is another appointment with Ike at 2:30.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment