Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday 11.13.2008

I worked today. Got up and got there, and it wasn't but a few minutes after clocking in that I knew I was going to have busy day. I had an orientee, but she went off to "classroom" time at 8:30, and didn't come back to me until 5 pm. And she was so overwhelmed--her word--that she just wanted to do some brainless tasks.

While she was gone, I was the only person in my job role, and the unit was 2 beds less than full. I was very busy, finally having a break at 12:15 to eat. (Mind you, breakfast was at 0500...) I went off the unit to eat, and did so quickly so that I could get back to my worklist.

I did pretty good, overall. Much better than yesterday. I don't know what the difference was, but I'm glad it was a better day cognitively. (Is that a word?) I did get really sleepy about 3:30 and would have sat quietly if I had had the opportunity. Instead, I just kept running up and down the hall.

It was finally time to clock out and head home. An uneventful drive, thank you God. Dan and I caught up on our day, and I wrote here. I'm off to bed soon.

I found that I was guarding my left shoulder--not using it as much as I should. So I tried to use it consciously, extending my arm. So of course that aggravated my comfort level. After a while I took the tylenol/motrin which helped the discomfort.

Tomorrow I have a funeral in Jackson in the morning, then a routine eye exam in the afternoon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment