Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday 11.30.2008

I got up and went to work this morning. An uneventful drive, thank you God. I clocked in, and we had a pretty good day with a great group of co-workers. We were busy, but not overwhelmed. And after a long 12 1/2 hours, it was time to go home.

It had been snowing most of the day, accumulating mostly on the grass and other colder surfaces. The roads were mostly slushy.

I headed home. I was a little leery, but cautiously watching the roads, the freeway was wet with areas of slush, too. We traveled at 50-55 mph. At one point, near Mason, the wet snow had clung to the vegetation, looking almost surreal in it's whiteness. The magic of winter.

At home, Daniel was happy to see me.

We caught up on our day, I wrote here. I'm pretty tired and will be going to bed soon.

Tomorrow is therapy with Ike at 10:00. I'm not looking forward to getting up early, but am looking forward to having another treatment. My breast and shoulder are pretty uncomfortable. The abdominal cording seems to be only a little tender tonight. Maybe it's resolving??

A year ago today was my second surgery, when I had a re-excision of the wound bed, even though the margins were "clean" after the first surgery. The margins weren't very big--1-2 mm--so she went in and scooped out more healthy tissue. I'm glad the surgeon was conscientious and wanted to do a thorough job.

Enjoy the snow, and each other. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment