Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday 11.22.2008

I slept really well the first few hours. I woke about 2, I think, and listened to the radio for a while, then turned it off about 4 o'clock. When I woke again it was almost 9:00. I got up, but Dan was still sleeping. He got up shortly after I did.

I had a hard time getting my motor started this morning. I had breakfast, then read emails. Next thing I know, it's almost 1. I went in and showered.

After dressing, I sat in the living room again. I was ready to start on my task list when Daniel asked if we were going to get groceries. Oh, ok, we can do that.... so we did.

The store was quite busy, but we got what we needed and got back home. Dan had wanted pork--we got a loin--and I googled how to fix it. A real simple recipe--brown sugar, cinnamon applesauce, and ginger mixed together and put over top, covered and baked an hour or until 160 degrees. Daniel was impressed. We also had acorn squash, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, and crescent rolls.

After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen, then sat down again and read more on the internet. I came across the "cording" topic on the breastcancer.org discussion board. There are several women who have had cording issues, but from what I've read so far, it seems that none of them have gotten clear information from their doctors. Also, none have had awful, long-term issues. I had to stop reading about it for a bit, as the phone rang.

It was Jeremy. We had a nice visit. All is well. He's hoping to come to Michigan just for a couple of days over Christmas, as he's on-call for his job and needs to stay down there. I hope he'll be able to join us for our Christmas afternoon/evening gathering.

The evening has progressed. I've had a couple of hot flashes that have been less intense than they have been, and in general they seem to have decreased in frequency and intensity. Praise the Lord! My shoulder is sore, the cording down my arm is still there but less, as is the one on my abdomen. The breast is better, too, though still uncomfortable.

And I'm tired again. So, I've written here, and I'm going to go off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment