Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday 11.15.2008

I slept the first four hours last night, waking about 2:15. I listened to the rain, listened to the radio, listened to an audiobook, and about 5:30 I went back to sleep. While I was awake I realized something--I hadn't had "major hots" before going to bed last night, nor was I having the super hots when I was awake. !!! Yes, I've had "warm-ups", but not the horrible have-to-sit-down-and-breathe hot flash. And, today I've only had the "warm-ups". Yes, I've had times when I've been warm, but not the dripping-off-the-brow, moist-in-the-crease-of-my-neck, eeww-the-back-of-my-neck-at-my-hairline-is-wet hot flashes. YIPPEE!!!! Has time indeed passed, and could I really be on the other side of this "phase"??

I rolled over this morning, Daniel was up. The clock showed it was after 9. I dozed a bit longer before getting up myself.

I also realized that I hadn't had dinner last night, and I was ready to eat. I got myself ready for the day then had breakfast. I'm happy to say my sinus pressure is much less than yesterday.

After breakfast I checked emails, looked at some other stuff, watched a little football, then it was time to head to Jackson for my haircut.

Daniel had suggested a dinner date for tonight, but I suggested that he go with me to Jackson and have late lunch/early dinner at The Parlour. He liked that idea.

I got my hair cut, short like I used to wear it. It's the same style, but with the new colicks (cowlicks?) and swirls on my head, it's different. Lauretta the stylist thinks it's better. Dan thinks it looks better, too. I'm happy that it feels "normal".

We went over to The Parlour, a "destination place" ice cream parlor. Yes, we had sandwiches before sundaes. Yum. That was the best date.

We got home and vegged out the rest of the afternoon/evening. I'm going to go shower and get the little hairs off of me before going to bed.

My arm and shoulder and abdomen are the same today, uncomfortable. I've had small "warm-ups", and this evening a couple of small perspirations across my forehead, but nothing like the past 9 or 10 months. Thank you, God.

Tomorrow is household stuff, no plans to go anywhere. Maybe a few groceries.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment