Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday 11.14.08

Well. Today was a good day, overall.

I was really tired last night and when I went to bed I went right to sleep, but was awake several times, not sure why, really. I would get up to the BR just because I was awake, but mostly I was uncomfortable, position-wise, when I woke. I don't know...

I got up at 0800 with full sinuses/head pressure. Great. I lingered in the warm shower hoping to clear my head, as well as stretch my left arm cording, which is now sore to about 2 inches above my wrist. The warmth and stretching helped, but doesn't make it go away.

I got myself ready and went to Michigan Center to attend a visitation/funeral for my English friend Teresa's sister. It was good to see her, and I also met some of her family that I've heard so much about. Her sister was diagnosed with brain cancer about 5 months ago, and now she's gone. It reinforces to me to be nice to the people in your world, and hug your loved ones.

After that, I went over to Auto Images in Michigan Center to ask about the remote starter on my van. It works, and I wondered about transferring it to the Sebring. (They had installed this one) She said it would cost a total of $200.00, and a new unit, now 3 versions newer, is $225. So I made an appointment for a new one for the Sebring.

Then I went over to Frank's house. He was fixing his breakfast (he works second shift). We had a nice, brief, visit, and hugs. I also hugged John and Amber, who are finally looking like they are recovering from the motorcycle accident in April. John is walking, with a limp of course, but he's walking. And in therapy. Amber has gone back to work as of 2 weeks ago. Wow. Hug your people.

Then I stopped and visited my neighbor from that neighborhood, who had experienced an infant loss recently. She was wondering if I had heard, and hoping I would just "stop by". I'm glad I "listened to the voices in my head" and pulled in her driveway. We had a nice visit, and I hugged her, too.

I had to be on my way home, so I could have a bite and get to my next appointment. I had looked in my planner several times, and thought I had an eye exam at 3:20. I headed out.

While heading north into Lansing, my phone rings, it's Ike. "Where are you, Kathy, for your 2:30 appointment?" Uh-oh. "I'm on my way to my eye appointment," I say, reaching for my planner. Oh, sheesh. Yes, I'm driving. I have a headset, so at least my hands are free...

I look at the calendar again. Huh?? Why did I think I had an eye appointment?? That's next week Wednesday. "I can be there in just a few minutes, Ike, if you want to work on me for the remainder of the appointment time..." "Ok," she says, "Hang up and drive."

She's in the office area and tells me to go into room 3 today. It's all set (meaning there is a pillowcase on the pillow and a towel opened up on the table for my back to lie on) and I am taking my jacket off when she comes in.

We laugh about my confusion, and she does a quick evaluation. The cording in my abdomen is still there, and when she touches it, I jump with pain. The sensation in that cord felt like hot metal burning. I told her about my arm and how that has extended further, and she decides to spend our limited time working on that.

When we're done, we reschedule next week, because a meeting that I participate in got moved and it conflicted with therapy. I thanked her and got on my way, stopping at the pharmacy on the way home to pick up a refill.

Back home, Daniel and I sat together and held each other for a bit. My headache is not much better, and he doesn't feel good either, complaining about back pain. We visit a bit, and he decides to take a nap.

I got on the computer and caught up with email, and wrote here. It's 6:30 now, dark, drizzly, rainy. I've taken tylenol, motrin, and sudafed, and the headache has eased but not gone yet. Hopefully I'll feel better after a night's rest.

Tomorrow is haircut day. I've tried to let it grow, and it's to the point where it doesn't look good after a while on the job. And I don't have time to mess with a hairdo. I need 14 hour hair...so tomorrow it will be shortened up again.

That's it. Thank you for reading. ((((((HUGS))))))

2 comments: