Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday 10.9.2008

I slept pretty good overall for a few hours, woke up at 5, back to sleep. When I woke again the sun was up. I guessed it was 8:30 ish (because you know we didn't have power in the bedrooms). I have a small battery operated radio that I turned on--8:40. Dan jumped out of bed to get started resolving the electrical issue. I lingered several minutes before rising.

So of course, I'm trying to get myself ready for the 11 o'clock appointment with Ike, and Dan's wanting me to check this, look here, etc. I tell him Sorry, I've got to shower and get ready for my appointment. I get my breakfast, but I have to check the internet for him, too.

He has the tester out, the panel apart; we decide to call the electrical supply house to see if they have these breakers and how much they are. $43 or something, each.

I have to go, Daniel is still doing what he's doing. As I get in the parking lot my phone rings. He's figured it out, gotten the breakers reset, and all is well. Whew! Dan The Man!!

I wait about 10 minutes before Ike comes out to the waiting room to get me, and we go back to room 2. We chit chat a minute then she checks me over. I was able to leave the tapes on that she put over the incisions last week; she takes them off. It looks like the incision on the breast might look a little less "dimpled", and the one under the arm doesn't look any different to me. She sees the small pockets of fluid on the inside of my elbow, on my shoulder (where it's aching), and of course, the breast itself (which has been pretty sore the last couple of days). The woundbed is firm and sore, as is the axilla/armpit. She gets to work.

She massages me, or whatever that technique is called. 45 minutes later my arm feels better, the shoulder is sore, and the breast is sore, too. She does some kind of technique on the scars to release the adhesions in the tissues, and that kind of hurts. That's ok--the treatments will either work or they won't. Gotta try....

She put more tapes over the two scars, and we're done. Thank you, see you next week.

I stop at CVS on the way home to pick up our prescriptions and new 9 volt batteries for the smoke alarms. We figured that since they were all down (for the troubleshooting process) we'll change the batteries.

Back home, Dan changes the batteries, reinstalls the alarms, and the electrical crisis is over. Although we still don't know why or what tripped the circuit breakers in the first place. If it happens again we'll have to search further.

Dan went to the chiropractor, I started food prep. We ate shortly after he got back. I cleaned up the kitchen, and had to go outside for a walk. I went back in the undeveloped area and saw lots of prints of a pair of deer, probably a small fawn and doe. That little bit of peace and nature centers me, reminds me that I'm part of what has been created.

I come back inside, Dan has gone to the clubhouse to sit in the hot tub, and he comes back shortly, feeling better.

The rest of the evening goes by.

Tomorrow is a workday for me, Dan is going to golf. May you all enjoy the beautiful autumn day.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment