Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday 10.30.2008

I ended up staying up and reading a library book last night. It was pretty good. I finished it and went to bed about 2:30 this morning.

I slept ok, waking a few times, but getting up about 9. I had breakfast, then showered, got ready to go to Jackson.

I went to Countryside Care Center to visit Martha, the activities director, to deliver the beautiful blankets that Kathy Sue embroidered for the residents. Martha and I developed a nice relationship during the years that mom was there, and we had a nice visit. As I was leaving, I saw one of the nurses, Linda, who hugged me, and we chatted briefly, as well as a director, Sherry. We did the same.

I left there about 2, did my banking, and decided to spend the 40 minutes or so before my dental appointment browsing through Big Lots. Boy, they have a lot of stuff.

I got to the dentist and waited my turn. I had x-rays done--Debbie the hygienist showed me the images. There are 3 spots that look like "something". When Doctor Hess came in, he said he'd watch 2 and schedule the third spot to be repaired. Shoot. I don't like having fillings done. It's pretty small, so it shouldn't be a big deal, but all the same....

Then the ride home. Beautiful 54 degrees. I was really hungry.

Daniel had started rice, and was cooking meat, for nachos. I fixed us a couple of plates--they were yummy, but I prepared way to much. Even Dan couldn't finish his. Oh well, we're thankful we have enough to eat.

Tomorrow is a workday, and Dan is golfing.

The cording down my arm is making itself known. Daniel had taken hold of my arm and was going to rub it, but it was too uncomfortable (read: painful) to be doing that without any pain medicine on board. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. At least that's what I'm putting in my head.

And my breast is tender in the woundbed, and the nipple sloughed off again after the shower.

And I'm still having hot flashes, though not as frequent during the night. Still intense, though.

My "leftovers" are really not much in the grand scheme of things. I'm glad to be a Survivor.

Thank you for reading, for continuing to support me and others. Together we get through it.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment