Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday 10.5.2008

I slept fair, I guess; I seem to be more restful after 2 or 3 o'clock. Dan's alarm came on 0650--he got up to turn it off, then climbed back into bed. Hey, what are you doing?? (Don't be setting an alarm in the morning, disturbing me when I'm finally sleeping, unnecessarily!!) "It's a little cool out there--I'm warming up," he says, as he snuggles under the covers. Oh.

And I wonder if he's been too cool through the night, because I've had the window open. And sometimes I'm still too warm. The lure of golf pulls him out of bed...

He gets ready and leaves, meeting up with others at 0800. I've drifted off to sleep and don't hear him go.

I wake about 9. The sun is shining. Thank you God for the beautiful day.

I get myself ready for the day, start a load of laundry, have breakfast, pick up here and there. Before I know it, our daughter Kim calls and says she's on the way over. Ok, see you soon. About 15 minutes later the door opens. Bre and Nick come in! What a nice surprise!

They had borrowed a truck to pick up a couple of items one of our neighbors had for sale, but she's not home. They stay and visit, and Kim shows up shortly to pick up her laptop that Daniel has repaired. We have a nice visit, and I excuse myself to go down to the car, where her daughter Kayla is with Ja'lynn, who was sleeping when they arrived. She was now waking up. I hugged Kayla and chatted some, we got Ja'lynn out of her carseat, and she wanted me! Ok--she just turned 2 and is very sweet. We sat outside, and I offered Kayla to go in and visit with Bre and Nick if she wanted to. Ja'lynn and I played in the rocks, watched ants, basically just enjoyed being outside. Laughter floated down the stairs and outside to us--she listened, and said "nama?" which is what she calls Kim. When I asked her if she wanted to find Nama, she got up and went inside, scurrying up the stairs as fast as as she could. She reminded me of a crab, as quickly and methodically as she was moving herself.

Kim, Kayla, and Ja'lynn left after a bit. Bre and Nick stayed for as long as they could, but Mrs. Neighbor didn't return home before they had to leave. We had a nice visit anyway. It was good to see everyone.

Daniel called shortly after, saying he was on his way home. He arrived about 4:30. I had dinner started, and we had a little bit before it would be done. We visited, he rested, caught up on the computer, and we ate.

The rest of the evening was uneventful; Dan drifted off to bed about 9, and I wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday.

My breast is sore today. I took the tylenol and motrin, and it helped, and I could also tell when it wore off. I've had "temperature fluctuations" too.

That's it...Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, what a wonderful visit you had all together...I just love when the synchronicity explodes like that! Sounds like step-by-step the breast is trying to heal and modern medicine is doing what its supposed to do....

    Thank you for posting the link to Michael's journey. Ollie saw him just this past wknd......tough road.....Ollie said Michael was looking a little rough but in good spirits. Ollie ran his IronMan in July under "Team Winter" and, as you can see on the website, Winter is kicking butt with her fundraising mission & raising awareness. Thanks again for helping to spread the word.

    Love ya ~
    Kim & Ollie

    ReplyDelete