Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday 10.4.2008

I went to bed last night, thought I was going to drift right off to sleep. This way, that way, turn the pillow over. Stretch out, curl up, oh heck, just get up and take a couple motrin and a tylenol. I was getting a hot flash, too, so I got the pills and came out to the kitchen for water, stayed up until I cooled off, maybe 10 minutes or so, then went back to bed. Deep breaths, relax, ahhh....

(Yes, I know the meds didn't work that fast.) I did drift off to sleep, and slept fairly well, all temperature fluctuations considered. Eventually it was a little after eight and time to get up.

I enjoyed a leisurely morning with breakfast, then I sat on the sofa in the warm sunshine and read a little. I got ready to work the second half of the day; someone needed it off, and I could do it, so I did.

An uneventful drive (thank you God) in the bright fall sunshine (thank you again). I parked a couple blocks away, but the security vehicle was there (thank you again) and I rode over to the building.

I turned the corner to my unit, and I happened to come in at a "quiet" moment--several of the girls were there; a couple were charting, a couple were chatting. I smiled. "Hello, my friends."
I clocked in and went to the locker room to change my shoes.

We had a very nice afternoon with a few new patients coming out to their rooms in the last couple of hours. And then it was time to leave. Yippee!! Half days are the best!!

Another uneventful drive home (thank you again) in the near-dark. The crescent moon and the evening star shining bright.

Dan was still working on daughter Kim's laptop computer, finally ridding it of the viruses and re-installing drivers and blah blah....

I fixed a bite to eat, checked the computer, and wrote here. Tomorrow Dan golfs, I need to catch up on chores.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment