Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday 10.18.2008

I didn't sleep real well, but got up and got ready for work.

It was dark, and I was on the entrance ramp to the highway on a sweeping curve. My headlights caught beady eyes maybe 2 or 3 feet tall. I was only going about 35, and I took my foot off the gas. It was a deer coming up out of the ditch. No, wait--it's a BUCK!! Wow!! I tried to look at it as carefully as I could while going past. It had a pretty good set of antlers, maybe 8 points, or 10. I thought the ears were huge, and the horns were maybe twice the size of the ears. And his neck was really thick. Wow. He watched me go by, posed as he was. That was really neat.

The rest of the drive was uneventful. I got to the hospital, parked a block and a half away, and walked over. We had a good group of co-workers and a good group of patients, too. We had a real nice day, and with the discharged patients gone, we had to staff down. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon.

It wasn't my turn, but I was getting a little tired, so I offered to go. I was chewing gum--and after I had clocked out, I felt something let loose on a tooth. Uh-oh. Sure enough. I opened my mouth and dropped the gum in my hand, and there was the filling from that tooth, too. Shoot.

Now what??

I called the dentist's office, and left a message of what had happened, and that I needed to be seen first thing Monday morning, as I was leaving town for a few days. (I'm planning to go to the Lake) I hope I'm able to have it repaired before I go. We'll see.

I headed home.

Dan was home, and we visited a bit. I had a bite to eat (biscuit and banana), and checked email and wrote here. I also had tylenol and motrin, as my shoulder has been achy today, as well as the corded area that Ike worked on yesterday. The breast is tender, too, though not as much as it was prior to treatment.

Tomorrow is a another workday. I'm hoping to get some rest tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment