Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday 10.20.2008

I was sleeping when the phone rang this morning. I sensed it was daylight, and hoped it was shortly after 0800 and that it was the dentist’s office. It was 8:02 AM and it was the dentist’s office.

She told me doctor could see me at 10:30 today, and might put a temporary filling on it, or they have an opening Thursday at 11. I told her I’d come in this morning, and could I have the Thursday appointment also to have the “real” work done?? Sure, she said, and I thanked her for calling so promptly, and that I’d see her soon.

I got ready for the day, and had a lovely trip to Jackson. The gentleman in the waiting room was called back, then I was. I could hear voices from the room next to me; it sounded like he was getting prepped for whatever he was having done. Then the doctor and his assistant came in to my room.

We chatted a minute, then he put on his mask and gloves, and looked in my mouth. “Oh,” he said. “That’s pretty obvious.” Yep. He said he would put a temporary filling in it, kind of like “bondo” he said. Ok. They did what they do, and I was back in the car at 10:43 heading home. No kidding.

I thanked him for taking care of me, See you Thursday.

(I’ll have to leave work for a bit. We’ll see how that goes…)

Back home, I got my things ready to go to the lake. I had a sandwich, Dan helped carry things to the car, big hugs and kisses, and I was on my way by 1:40.

I had a good drive, with rain at Saginaw that changed to drizzle by the time I pulled into the driveway of the Jacque Cabin. It was 4:45.

Woo-Hoo!!!!

Kathy Sue had arrived just 15-20 minutes before me. It was good to see her.

We got my car unloaded, and we settled in. Before long, we fixed yummy grilled cheese sandwiches.

We spent the evening catching up, then turned in for the night.

Thank you, God, for the gifts of life and friendship.

And thank you, Reader, for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment