Thursday, October 16, 2008

Monday 10.13.2008

Monday October 13, 2008

I worked today. The morning was pretty good, then the afternoon was a flurry of activity, everything happening at once and scrambling to get timed events done in a (somewhat) timely fashion. I had wanted to leave early to attend a presentation in Lansing that started at 7 pm, and right from the get-go, the co-worker who had offered to cover for me had called in absent with sick children at home. I don't fault anyone for staying home with their family members...

And then the afternoon got sooo busy. I had accepted that I wouldn't be able to go, darn it. Well, the overflow unit had discharged all of their patients, and one of those nurses agreed to take over for me. COOL! I sat down to enter everything I had just done in the last 3 hours at 1700, (I noticed that my feet and calves were tingling), made a short list of 3 things that still needed done, and clocked out at 1730. I made it home, changed clothes, brushed teeth, and made it to the Conference Center at 1850. WooHoo!!

Ike was already there and had seats for us. The speaker was Heather Jose, (click here for a link) whose topic was I'm Killing Cancer Every Day. She was diagnosed at age 26 with Stage IV breast cancer, found a team that believed they could fight it, and is now 10 years older. Praise the Lord!! She shares our belief that positive attitude makes gobs of difference...

I had a brief conversation with her after the program, what a nice girl. Ike had left, I left a short time later.

I got home about 9:15. Dan and I visited a bit, I got my things ready for work on Tuesday, and I went to bed. I was pretty tired.

That was Monday. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment