Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday 10.3.08

I''m happy to say that even though I didn't sleep well last night, I'm feeling much better today.

I got up and showered, breakfasted, and went over to Leah's for my massage. Mmmmm. She did what she does, and worked on moving the fluid in my left arm and shoulder, a little into the armpit, and across my back. She's getting more comfortable with the lymph fluid thing, and does a good job. She stayed away from the actual breast, though. I'm just happy she does what she does.

I went home and showered again (to get some of the oils off), had a snack, and it was time to go to therapy with Ike.

She checked my arm, was ok with what Leah did, and Ike started working on the scar tissue/adhesions. As she did, she told me about a taping method that may help the "dimpling" or indentation of the wounds. When she was done, she taped me up. I had to laugh--it looks pretty funny, but hey, if it works, great, and if it doesn't, no harm. Of course I had to take a picture!! (click here) I covered what I could so it's a bit more modest. I was surprised that the breast tissue itself was as tender as it was--or maybe she was being a bit more aggressive. We checked the appointment schedule, I have two more; one next week and one the week after. I don't know what will happen from there.

On the way home I stopped at a satellite lab and got my blood drawn for my visit with Dr. Bolmer next week. I was happy that the phlebotomist got in first poke, took 3 tubes of blood and was done. I had to sit there several minutes to get the swoozies out of my head before I could stand up. (that's not unusual for me--I have to "recover" like that even with the annual TB test.) I'm eager to see the results.

Back at home, Dan's daughter Kim was there with her laptop. She's having problems, and Dan's trying to clear the viruses from it. She stayed a couple of hours and had to leave before he was done. We had a nice visit. (Dan's worked on that computer all evening. He's made some progress, but it's not done yet)

I had something to eat. I'm so hungry, and so thirsty, but I don't dare eat much. I think I've had four 20 ounce waters today, so I think I'm tolerating that ok. That's about half of what I usually drink. I know, it seems like a lot, but the output doesn't reflect it.

Tomorrow I'm working for someone from 11:30 to 7. That helps make up a few of the hours I lost earlier this week.

I hope all is well with all of you. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment: