Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday 10.24.08

Boy, was I tired. I had fallen asleep, and snoring, so Dan says. He got up in the morning and left for a 7:50 eye appointment--of course, I stayed in bed, waking about 9. I felt better, and was hungry.

As I was brushing my teeth, I discovered that my mouth was still sore. Mostly the jaw hinge on the right side, but down in the lower area, too, where the stuff was injected. I took some tylenol/motrin, had a large water, putzed around, and after 45 minutes or so, had my breakfast. I caught up on yesterday's post, and after I was done with that, I was tired again, and went in and laid on the bed.

I woke up an hour later.

It was about 2:30. Dan was golfing somewhere near Kalamazoo, I think, and wouldn't be home for a while yet. I checked email, started catching up on several days of messages. I was hungry again, so I had lunch and another couple of tylenol.

The rest of the afternoon I spent looking at the computer, as I had many messages, and some had links to information. One of the links was about chemo brain. Very interesting. Cognitive/brain function things I had noticed and tried not to be concerned about, but can't help wondering--is this what I'm left with??

Daniel came in shortly after 7. He got himself settled in, we visited a bit, I read him some of that chemo brain article. We've talked about the changes in me that we've noticed; I guess it's good to see something in print about it. Only time will tell.

Right now I'm thankful that I came through as well as I did, overall, and that I'm cancer-free.

And I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment