Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday 9.24.2008

Another Beautiful Day!!

I slept fair, listening to the radio earphone a few different times during the night. Daniel was restless, too. One of those nights, I guess.

When I woke up, about 8:30, Dan was already up. I dozed a bit longer, then got up before 9. I stripped the bed and started laundry. Throughout the day, I had gotten the bedding done, and had put the pillows, damp sheets, blankets, etc, outdoors for several hours to freshen up. I brought the shop vac in and vacuumed the mattress; Dan flipped and turned it, and I vacuumed the box spring. I sprayed everything with Lysol.

We went out for the few groceries that we needed. When we got back, we put the bedding back on, then he went out to the golf range. When he came back we fixed dinner.

His back has been bothering him for awhile--he had gone to the chiropractor in the morning and now was sore. We went to the clubhouse and got into the hot tub. I was a bit leery of that--I'm hot enough as it is. I was very surprised that after getting in, I was able to stay in maybe 15 minutes or so. And to describe it--my skin was now the temperature of the inside of me. I had sweat running off my head. I had taken the piece of pool noodle and had that under my left forearm to support it, so it wasn't dependent (hanging down) while in the water. (I think I read somewhere that hot tubs may not be a good thing for the swelling in the arm) The warm water felt good on my shoulder, though. When I started to get queasy I got out. I did ok. Cooling off, I stood in an open doorway and waited for Dan to come out of the bathroom. He drove back, I walked.

At home, I showered, he showered, and then I wrote here. He rubbed my arm a little--I think he did some good. I see Ike tomorrow at 9:00.

I'm tired tonight--thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment