Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday 9.10.2008 Home Again

Dan and I were both awake intermittently during the night. As a result, neither one of us feels "quite right" today. He was up first, and so quiet that I thought he might have gone back to sleep in a recliner or on another bed. None of the above--he was up, just being quiet.

You know that I'm not a morning person, and I took my time enjoying breakfast, the very clear, very blue sky reflecting onto the mirror quiet lake. Absolutely beautiful. The critters--I saw 2 black squirrels, a chipmunk, bluejays, ducks, a seagull--all doing what they do in the peace of nature when there is minimal human interference. We woke to 40 degrees at sunrise, and by 10:30 it was 60. Daniel had his bag zipped up and ready to go; I went in to shower.

Seeing as how it was so beautiful outdoors, I had to go outdoors and walk around before finishing packing. I wandered around the backyard, looking at the trees and such, basically making sure all was well to leave for the winter. The neighbor, Evelyn, saw me out, and she and her dog Molly came out. We visited some, walked around to the front and checked out the seawall, and I knew I had to go back in and finish up. I said goodbye to her and Molly until next time.

Daniel had done the dishes, and had vacuumed the front of the house. Cool! I closed and zipped my suitcase, then went in and cleaned the bathroom--scrubbed the tub and sink, swished the bowl, washed the floor and the outside of the stool. There, that's done. I went out to the kitchen--wiped off the counters and the stove, gathered the food from the cupboards and the fridge, tied up the trash, helped move the chairs while he finished vacuuming, and we were ready to go. It's a lot nicer to have someone to close up with... *smile*

We were in the car and on the way at 2 pm. We had a good drive, stopping at Tom and Kathy Sue's for a visit. These last few days, she has finally started feeling better. The physical therapy has helped her back and neck immensely. Praise the Lord!! Dan and I weren't going to stay real long, but when we were ready to leave, it was 5 pm. We didn't want to travel during rush hour, so we accepted their invitation to share their meal. Kristen had fixed a Mexican Meatloaf, which was yummy, and we had rice, and beets, and green beans. Thank you, T & KS, & K, for good company and good food. I enjoyed our visit.

We cleared the table, and the kitchen was almost cleaned up, and Dan and I got back on the road about 6 pm. We got home about 7:30. It felt good to unload the car and be Home.

We each unpacked, and I have gotten all the laundry done that we brought home. I've also gone through some of my email, and written here. It's about 1035, and I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow is a workday, so I'll be up early.

My shoulder has been achy the last few days, and so has my breast, it seems like it's in the wound-bed. Tylenol and motrin are my friends.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! You know that the Lake has magical restorative powers. There is just nothing else on Earth quite like it -- glad you had a chance to tap into it!

    Polly is still in Midland helping out as Kris continues her recovery. She started her therapy last week and is already seeing good progress. Her therapist indicated that she should be able to wear a regular (flat) shoe as she fulfills her duties as Matron of Honor at her Mother's wedding on the 20th. She is excited about that.

    Good the hear that Ike's magic fingers are still being productively applied and hope that whatever it is that causes the fluid retention soon goes away.

    Love to all,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete