Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday 9.9.2008

I was pleasantly surprised at how well I slept last night. Daniel got up and opened the blinds. Is there anything better than waking up and looking out at the lake?? It was a beautiful blue sky, the water just starting to ripple. And it was steaming. No kidding. I don’t know what the temperature got down to during the night, but the entire lake (at least where I could see it) had wisps of white coming up, not unlike the road in summer after a brief rain. So neat.

Dan got up and had his breakfast, and went outside to get started on the dock. I got up and had my breakfast, too, but you know that I’m not all that in the morning. By the time I had my socks and shoes on and was ready to go outdoors, he was ready for some help. He had the dock apart, and I helped him get the sections up over the seawall and stacked. Pretty easy!

After that, we moved the furniture on the deck, took up the “floor”, which is a large woven mat, lowered the awning, got the garden hose out, washed and brushed the dirt off the top of it, and left it to dry. We put the garden hose away. Daniel was ready for lunch.

The sun was quite warm, but the breeze was picking up and the clouds were coming in. We took a break, and he had put a movie in. I told him that I was going for a walk, would you like to join me?? Not right now…

I went out toward the Goodwin Cottage. I took my time, enjoying the smells and the sunshine. There were no other “residents” at any of the properties between the Jacque Cabin and the Goodwin Cottage, and I wandered around, looking at flowerbeds, noticing how the buildings had changed through the years. I was in the field that we used to play ball in, when I saw Daniel heading down the road. Cool!

I walked through the now overgrown back lot where our driveway was, and came out to join Dan. We walked around the Goodwin Cottage, and all was well there. We inspected the basement project next door. That seems to be going well, too. We wandered back home.

Time to paint. I got my stuff out and painted the ceiling in the hallway. I was slow, but I got it done. And that was enough painting. As I was finishing up, Daniel got dinner ready. We ate, I cleaned up. We brought the grill inside for the winter, too.

The rest of the evening we just laid low.

Tomorrow we leave. It feels good to have the fall chores done.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment