Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday 9.16.2008

I slept pretty good, and when the alarm came on I was kind of awake. I got up and got ready for the day. An uneventful drive to Jackson, and the parking lot was full. On to the next one--there's room here. I park and get out. Hey, what's that, the shuttle?? No kidding... I climb aboard and ride over to the hospital.

Clocked in, ready. Oh, boy, we're in for it today. Lots of patients and almost enough staff. It was my job role that was the challenge. It ended up that there was someone to help me throughout most of the day, well, three people ended up covering the hours, and talk about me being confused. I got through it, but I sure had to consciously and intentionally work on staying on task and getting things done. As it was, I missed 2 things that I had been asked to do. Nothing that was life or death, or even pivotal. Just routine stuff. The end of the shift finally happened.

The shuttle took me over to the car, and I got home ok. Daniel was home. We chatted some, he watched tv, I checked email and wrote here.

I'm pretty tired. I've had a couple of doses of tylenol/motrin today for breast and shoulder discomfort, and the hots have happened, sometimes the ones that take my breath away. I'm glad I don't have morning appointments tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment