Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday 9.18.2008

I slept pretty good last night, and woke about 8:50. I could have dozed back off, but I had to get up and get over to the physical therapy place for my 10:00 appointment with Ike. I didn't set the alarm on purpose.

I got up and breakfasted and on my way.

Ike came out for me just after 10, and we went back to room 2. She looked me over, checked me out; I told her I'd been having breast and shoulder aches. She checked the area under my upper arm and armpit, and you know what she found?? That cording was back. I was surprised. I didn't realize it until she was pressing around on it. It was quite uncomfortable.

She worked on that cording almost 40 minutes, then the scar tissue of the 2 wounds, and then some on the breast tissue itself. I was surprised at how uncomfortable the treatment was today, even with the tylenol/motrin that I had taken at 9:00 when I got up. I'm truly blessed that God brought me Ike, and I told her so.

She also had looked over my chart and seen that I needed a new prescription to continue treatment, and had the new order to do so. When we were done today, we scheduled for the next 3 weeks. My hope is that as time goes on, and as the radiated tissue continues to change, that the lymph fluid will figure out where it needs to go, and I won't have long-term "issues".

I went home, drank water, visited with Daniel a bit, before he went out to the golf course. After a bit, I went out to Meijer for some fresh fruit and veggies and a few other items. Back home, I had a bite to eat. Daniel got home a little while after.

We went out to the Eagles building in north Lansing for the annual dinner for the retired police officers. That was interesting--it was nice to see Dan warmly greeted by his peers. We chatted, mingled, had a buffet dinner, and the folks started drifting off. We did, too.

Back home, I cut up veggies for tomorrow, checked email, and wrote here. Tomorrow is a work day for me. Dan is golfing, then going to a football game in Flint with the guys.

I'm off to bed. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment