Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday 9.7.2008

Today was a much better day.

Even though it was a short night, I slept pretty good from 11-3, then woke again about 0420 and dozed until the radio came on at 0430. Time to get up.

After an uneventful drive in the rain, I clocked in. I have great co-workers, which always makes a difference, and we work together well. The morning went on.

Andrew came down late morning--out for a walk. He's feeling much better. I was caught up with my work, and the others were ok with me taking a break, so Andrew and I walked around a bit before going back to his room. He hadn't been to the hospital to visit since he'd been a little boy with me, so we toured my floor again, then the rest of the main hospital. He was getting fatigued, and we went back to his room. He immediately sat down. We visited a bit, and just as I was leaving, one of his doctor's came in, so I stayed. He and Andrew decided to try the oral antibiotics, and if he could tolerate that, he could go home. He will need to follow up with the internal medicine doctor to make sure all is well. (There is no more blood in the stool, and the pain is much less frequent, and shorter when it does happen)

I went back to my unit. Early afternoon, Andrew was back, dressed in street clothes. He was discharged, and came to hug me good bye. I hope all goes well with him. I miss the little bugger.

The rest of my day went well, too, with patients trickling out the door, and just a couple new ones to replace them. I left in a timely fashion, and had an uneventful drive home. (Thank you God)

Daniel was home, tired, and sore. Overall, he thinks, Maybe too much golf?? I don't know. Maybe if he's able to rest, he'll feel better.

Tomorrow I have an 0630 appointment with Ike, then I come home, get things together, load the car, and we go to the lake for a few days. I may not be able to post predictably, but I'll write, so it will be here eventually.

Today was a much better day. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Love you KJ....makes me smile to see you at work xoxo JB

    ReplyDelete