Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday 8.26.2008

Daniel got up and left for Day 2 of his golf tournament. I went back to sleep. I was very surprised when I rolled over and saw that it was 9:30! I had to get up so I didn't miss breakfast! I got myself ready for the day and went to The Gazebo, just down the hall from our room. I enjoyed my breakfast, and went back to the room to see what I was going to do next.

The weather channel showed that it was 78 degrees with 96% humidity. Oh. I went out on the balcony. It was mostly sunny with an occasional cloud, and definitely hot. Maybe I won't go out for a walk. The heat index was shown as 83 degrees.

So, I putzed around the room, straightening things up. There were more clouds moving in, so I went out and sat on the balcony, listened to one of the books I had gotten from the library, and watched the people in the pool and on the beach.

Daniel called, saying that he had been rained out, and were waiting until 2 pm to "call the game". Here, the clouds were moving, but no rain, yet.

Then, just after he called, the lifeguards blew the whistles and got the swimmers out of the water. Hm. The Landmark Resort staff cleared the pools of swimmers, too. Hm. Interesting. I didn't see anything from my limited view of the sky.


(The view from our room)

Daniel came in shortly, saying there was a "water spout" sighted. He says that's a tornado at sea. Oh. So, it's a good thing to get people out of the water. It never did rain, though.

After a couple of hours, we went out. He wanted a product to keep the fog from developing on his range finder, so we went to a dive shop. Sure enough, they had a product.

That bought, we stopped at a restaurant. Neither of us had eaten since breakfast, and it was now 5 pm.

We ate, then headed back to the hotel. It was so humid, I was sticky again. I sat out on the balcony while Dan got his things together for tomorrow, then went in and showered. Dan showered too, after a bit, and that's been our afternoon.

Tomorrow is predicted rain, but we'll see.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment