Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday 8.10.2008

The radio came on this morning, it was on for a couple of minutes before I heard it. I got up and got myself ready for work.

An uneventful drive--the days are getting shorter--the sky was that dark cerulean blue with the lighter tone on the eastern horizon, and the morning stars brightly holding their places in the sky. I parked about a block away and walked over to the hospital.

We had a good day, with good co-workers, and both units open. The patients went home, and by the end of the shift we had 3 moms, 3 babies, and 2 nurses left. I opted to stay so I could possibly be on-call tomorrow. The night staff came in; I told them to call me in the morning if they need me. We'll see how that goes....

On the way home, I got really tired again. Dan and I visited a little, I checked the computer and wrote here.

My breast is really full--so full that my "regular" bras that I've been wearing are not comfortable. I wore a sports bra today. My shoulder is achy and the underarm is full. I'll call Dr. Bolmer's office for a prescription for lymph treatment again with Ike. I hope Ike will accept the prescription and schedule me for a visit or two.

I'm going to take some motrin and tylenol, look at some Olympic stuff while it gets "on board", and go to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kath, I'm so glad you were in the right place at the right time to help that young woman. I hope she's gotten the treatment she needs and that she and her baby are well. I also hope that your discomfort and fullness resolves very soon! I'd write more, but this one handed hunt and peck thing is very annoying! Talk to you soon. Love, Cari

    ReplyDelete