Sunday, August 3, 2008

Saturday 8.3.2008 72nd Gushen Family Reunion

After being awake about half the night, awake, asleep, awake, asleep, Daniel got up and left this morning for the golf outing for the Special Olympics. I slept another hour, getting up about 9:30.

Breakfast, and got things ready to go. Frank, and maybe Keesha, was to be here around 11:30. He called about 10 after saying he was on the way. Ok. I decided to put together a fruit salad real quick, and finished putting the deviled eggs together. Frank arrived before I was done, but we were on the road by 11:50.

We had a nice drive, and arrived at Imerman Park about 1:45. Somehow, I had it in my head that we were to gather at 1, eat at 2. Really, we gathered at 12 and they had started eating at 1. So, we were late. Another 2 vehicles came in when we did. Misery loves company?? There was plenty of food, though, and with the new stuff that we had brought there was even more. Yum.

Lots of hugs and smiles; people I hadn't seen since last year, some for several years, and maybe some I won't see again. I value these annual gatherings, the fellowship and camaraderie.

After the reunion was over, Frank and I went over to Tom and Kathy Sue's house, as it is literally around the corner and across the river. We had a nice visit there before heading on back to Holt.

Daniel was home when we got there about 9. He had a good day, too. Frank came in for a few minutes, then went on his way. I had a bite to eat, then wrote here.

I had called the courthouse this morning--no jurors needed for Monday, so I called the girl who was going to cover for me and told her I would be available to work tomorrow. (I got called for Jury Duty for Ingham County for this coming week....)

So, Daniel is up tomorrow for the final day of the Special Olympics outing, and I am up early, too. He's off to bed, and so am I.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There!

    We, too, were at Cascades for the "Relay ...", evidently at the same time you were, but did not see you. LOTS of people there!

    I (Jim) did enroll in CPS3. Did the survey thing followed by the needle thing. I guess I will be getting surveys to fill out periodically over the coming years until the study concludes.

    Anyway, we got there a bit before 7 pm and left about 7:30.

    Good to see you and all the family yesterday. Another beautiful weather day for the reunion. Seems like we usually do have good weather for that.

    Good news about your shoulder. It's nice having surprises like that every now and then.

    Love to you and yours,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete