Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday 8.23.2008 Southbound

0530, my radio came on. I was sleeping good, but got through the fog to get out of bed. I got myself ready for the day, and as I was dressing, Daniel got up, too. He has had his bags packed and zipped since Monday--I had yet to put mine together this morning. So he was flitting around me like a moth to a bug light. I had a hard time keeping my train of thought and stay on task, because it seemed every time I turned around, he was trying to "help". *smile*

I finally got my things together, zipped my bags, and he carried them downstairs and loaded the car. We also filled a cooler with fresh fruits and vegetables and other things. AIS time was 0700--(Butt In Seat)--and at 0702 we were pulling out.

We had a great trip today, stopping about every 2 hours for biologic breaks, and filled the gas tank a couple of times, too. We ended up in Charlotte, North Carolina about 6:45 pm at a Sun Suite, which is rather nice for a room. I had to walk around the parking lot a couple of times--that's too much sitting for me--while Daniel showered and wound down after driving all day. We ate dinner somewhere near that was very good. I had grilled trout and he had a steak. Yum.

Free wireless internet, so I've checked email and written here. It's almost 10, and we're about ready for sleep. Mybreast is really sore today, like almost bothersome. I'm thinking it's leftover stuff from being so full and having therapy.

Tomorrow we'll sleep in, check out, have breakfast, and head to Myrtle Beach. We're going to stop at the Convention Center first, so Dan can check in for his golf tournament. Then we'll go over to the hotel and check in there. At least, that's the plan.

It's low 80's high 70's here in Charlotte, NC. The air conditioning works well in this room.

So, Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. KJ, I hope that you enjoy your time and that you aren't bothered to much with the discomfort of your breast. I will say a prayer for you tonight before I head to bed. Have a relaxing time..xoxo JB

    ReplyDelete